From China to the United States

Follow our journey to get our newest family member at the Shanghai Children's Welfare Institute.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Pretty?

Mr.Jones' class asked earlier in the blog if Beijing was beautiful.  I told them I would post a couple photos of it.  Below are just a couple of photos of both Beijing and Shanghai.  They are both very crowded places!  That doesn't leave much room for beautiful grass, or flowers, or lots of trees.  Beijing had a lot of garbage around and Shanghai is a much more modern clean city. I don't know if you can tell that in the photos or not but at least you can see how crowded the streets are and it is every single street that is like that. Every single one of them!  In Beijing there are 4 million people and in Shanghai there are 14 million people. That is a lot for me to even think of-- maybe Mr. Whitney can share the book How Much is a Million?  with you to refresh your memory.  I personally think that the US is much more beautiful!



1 comment:

  1. I enjoy reading about your adventures in China. 14 million people in Shanghai? The largest city in the United States, New York City, has only 8 million. I visit NYC on a regular basis and am sometimes overwhelmed by all the people. Best wishes for continued safe travels.

    ReplyDelete